New Age Gliders Suggie World

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions from a new glider mom

2 posters

Go down

Questions from a new glider mom Empty Questions from a new glider mom

Post by Mamaj Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:31 am

I got 2 gliders on Labor Day, one was a day weaned from mom, and the other was a week older. So they are about 10 and 11 weeks old now. We got 2 females, and they are great cage mates! They both know my voice and I find it comical how they have come to know my routine. When I get up in the morning and wake up kids, if I don't speak to them, they will whine to me until I go to their cage and say their names; to which they poke out of their pouch as though they are saying hello. Then they are content. The younger one took to me immediately, but the older one has always been a little more stand off-ish. I want them both to feel comfortable with me, come to me, allow me to pet them, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations that may help me with this? I am willing to do/ try anything! I love them to death!!! They are the best.

Mamaj

Back to top Go down

Questions from a new glider mom Empty Re: Questions from a new glider mom

Post by Admin/arthur Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:05 am

Mamaj: I suggest that you read through all categories and posts. There may be something in there that will help you and your babies. I'll be back on later today. Art
Admin/arthur
Admin/arthur
Admin

https://newagegliderssuggiew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin/arthur Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:11 am

What do you mean by whine? Sit down in chair for a few hours a day and have your hand around them as much as possible, carry in pouch other times during the day, at night feed treats through cage bars to get them to come to you, then open cage and repeat at night. May want to offer arm to crawl on instead of hand after doing other steps. HTH Art

p.s. If there is one specific thing you are trying it makes it easier to give suggestions on that and then move on to what ever other direction that you and babies want to go. Everyday interaction without scaring them. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy be calm when around them, not alot of distractions or other noises AT first--until they are use to you.
Admin/arthur
Admin/arthur
Admin

https://newagegliderssuggiew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down